Friday, May 13, 2011

When the Greener Grass is Your Own

Mark3 turned down the job. 

He actually turned down the job. The very, very good job. He said that, at one point, he was 90% sure he would accept it, but after stepping back and carefully taking stock of his life, he decided he was happy with what he has. 

There is something that is so completely enviable about that. Every time that I've ever been offered a significant opportunity in life, I've taken it. The grass was always greener, the outlook was always brighter, and the possibilities were always more substantial. I have no idea what it feels like to be in his shoes right now, but what an extraordinary position to be in – to be offered an incredible opportunity and then turn it down because, in comparison, you prefer the life that you already have.

What a revolutionary outlook. I would love more than anything to see my own world through eyes like those. Now that he is staying, perhaps I finally can.


1 comment:

  1. Savannah,

    This is not the result I was expecting, and certainly more than I could have hoped for, for you. Maybe you're finally getting what you deserve? Hang on. Looks like an incredible ride ahead.

    ReplyDelete