Friday, April 22, 2011

Beware of Douche

Introducing . . . my ex-husband. On match.com. This very minute.

Priceless!

Let this be a warning to single women everywhere: THIS is why you shouldn't necessarily take online dating profiles at face value.

I’d struggled with whether to post this, but I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s essentially a public service announcement. I discovered my ex's profile on match.com...only two weeks after we declared our marriage over -- and it's still on there now.


I'm a little befuddled by the fact that he decided to join match after cheating on me with two different women. If those chicks were so awesome that he was willing to risk his marriage just to get a piece, then why the hell isn’t he dating one of them?

At any rate, the point here is this: some people on these online dating sites are BIG FAT LIARS, and here is my ex’s profile to prove it. And not only is it festering with fibs, but you'll also notice that in his profile picture, he is wearing a wife-beater. How appropriate. 

I’m so embarrassed to have ever been even remotely associated with him. Worse, this
makes me worry about all of the poor, unsuspecting women out there that this douchebag is currently screwing over. I can only hope that they get wise to his bullshit before they, too, end up throwing away years of their life trying to cultivate a relationship with someone who is apparently a figment of his own imagination.

Read on for your enjoyment.

And for the icing on the cake: below is the profile he used when I met him. Same F-ing profile. Somehow, he managed to date a woman for three years and get married, yet nothing about him has changed? Weird, huh?

What a complete cocksucker. 





10 comments:

  1. Well now if you ever start missing him you can pull up this profile and have a good laugh!

    Congrats on your new found freedom. Go live it up and be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlins play 162 games a season...so who's the liar now?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the guy's side. You refer to him as an ex-husband yet get pissy when he says he's divorced. This profile really isn't that bad. You starting a blog and posting shit about this guy is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: Marlins comment -- in 2008, the Marlins played 161 games, and that's the first baseball season we were together, so that's just what I happen to recall. Regardless, your point only strengthens mine.

    Re: guy's side comment -- you are missing the point here. We are divorced now (as mentioned in earlier posts) so he IS my ex-husband. I'm merely pointing out that back when we were only separated (which is actually when this profile was screen-grabbed), he was listing himself as divorced. On top of that, the divorce hadn't even been filed when at that point either.
    As for whether the profile is bad, you have a right to your opinion, but I think that most people would agree that misrepresenting yourself to this extent certainly isn't good.
    And with regard to me starting a blog and posting shit -- he did some really bad things after we got married and in the process, turned my life upside down -- so fuck him. In comparison, a shit-talking blog post doesn't come close to equaling what he did. In fact, it doesn't affect his life one way or another. In my opinion, just pixelating his face was overly generous.

    In any event, thanks to both of you for reading and then caring enough to comment. I realize there are people who aren't going to like my posts, and I appreciate a variety of perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see a future for a new website. Like the snopes site only for profile pages. Women could check the REAL lowdown on the guy before trusting what the guy says about himself.

    And to Mr. "I'm on the guy's side" - you are right...this profile isn't that bad. But that is THE point. This guy is not a sweetheart but portrays himself as one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog. Keep it up! I can't wait for your next entry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To 4/30 Anonymous - You are precisely right -- it's not that bad which is what makes it bad.

    To 5/4 Anonymous - Thanks! I'm so happy that people are reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!! You are right, whatever makes you feel better, because you can't fix stupid, or selfish, or self-absorbed... so as long as you feel better, go for it! After my ex came home at 1AM & he announced he didn't love me, he packed & left our brand new $350,000 house, 2 little girls & a newly miscarried wife to go screw his beautician girlfriend. When he came back a week later to get his clothes, I told him that they were in trashbags in the basement. He flipped. "Do you not care enough about me not to throw my clothes in bags in the basement?" "SERIOUSLY!? You should be so thankful that I didn't use the bottle of lighter fluid & marshmallows, like I had planned!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi New Anonymous --
    Not quite as brazen but equally as assholey: the day after I packed up everything that was mine and moved out, he called me and yells, "YOU TOOK THE SILVERWARE? I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TOOK THE SILVERWARE? How am I supposed to eat??"
    I was just dumbfounded. I responded, "Screw the missing silverware -- how about the fact that your WIFE is missing?"
    Douche.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol i tell white lies but thats terrible u make him transparent and he looks like a douche he sounds like a mommys boy

    ReplyDelete