Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Beware of (another) Douche

As a preface, I would like to acknowledge that the obnoxious email exchange that was initiated by cutesweetgent was not the worst thing in the world. He was being a dick, for sure - but that, alone, didn't warrant an autopsy of his match.com profile. When a closer look at his profile revealed that he regularly alters vital details such as his age and where he's from, however, I decided that a postmortem was definitely in order. Not only does he prove that he is a lying asswipe, but his profile, in general, is a joke. What's more is that this is also a frightening peak behind the mask of lies so brazenly worn by some of the men on these dating sites. 

For the record, I do believe that there are plenty of men on Match.com and in the rest of these online shark tanks that are, in fact, catches. I've seen a few friends reel in some bona fide winners over the years, and I'm hoping that, more recently, I've landed a keeper, myself. Regardless, there are plenty of bottom feeders just like cutesweetgent - and thus, plenty of reasons for hopeful, well-meaning singles to keep their guards up when fishing in these waters.

Now, without further ado, let the slicing, dicing, and satirizing begin...













































6 comments:

  1. You know this is just me but i would write him and demand to see pictures of the places he claims to have gone to. Fairs fair after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you may ahve found a keeper. I have taken an extended break from OLD, but thinking of redoing my profile, getting new photos, and trying yet again. Yet, profiles such as the ones you feature bring back *lots* of bad memories! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like he made a Christmas list. Hmmm, I can have anything I want, ok ... "Rich, blond, 23 yo, fashion-model-lawyer-teacher-doctor, with time for work & sports & future kids & 'entertaining' my little man, while cooking my dinner & folding my underware." Perfect!

    I'll take a mustache over his pink shirt.

    "Stock picker" = I day trade when I'm between model/doctor girlfriends.

    Frozen pizza maker & great son = I still go to Mom's house weekly so she can pack my lunches & do my laundry.

    cute girls who want successful men = gold digger ..... does not gel with the end of the sentence ..... who have their act together = wouldn't date drama llamas like him

    Income, no answer & Occupation, Finance/Real Estate = he works for one of those iffy online mortgage hustles

    Love travel, Bahamas-Aruba-Dubai = two vacations for poon & a work hustle? Gosh, where do I sign up. I mean, no one goes to the Bahamas, that's like a whole $80 ticket from NY!

    Lumberjack = I carried a pre-packaged log to the fireplace once

    Grinding at the Club =/= Dancing

    When we trade photos, how rude would it be to ask for one of the back of his head? Is he sporting the Wills Hair, without the royal-title that gets you past it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, Megan - you are hilarious. You should have your own blog.
    Margaret - good for you for thinking about getting back out there. And seriously - if there is hope for me then there is hope for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uhm, this is hilarious. I've been on match.com - YEARS ago....and I remember this guy's profile LOL!

    ReplyDelete